Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Feeling a bit like the teacher in Peanuts...

Why is it so easy for Sunshine to tune me out?  I know it's her way if exerting her independence, of pushing her boundaries.  But good Lord, sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode.  I know yelling is not the answer.  That just makes it easier for her to tune me out.  But it's definitely my first instinct.  So how do I get her attention?  Jumping up and down just makes her laugh.  The vein popping out of my forehead doesn't quite seem to inspire her either.  She simply asks me to count to 10.  Any idea how infuriating that is?  

I really feel for Ladybug.  I don't like her watching it.  She absorbs everything.  She sees so much more than Sunshine did at that age.  I wonder how this will affect her.  

No comments: