Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Shout Out to Daddy

Ever since we moved and Ladybug learned to walk, the girls have been all over my cabinets in our bathroom.  There is something so enthralling about lots of little bottles and containers.  The girls just can't get enough of them.  The second that Ladybug's feet hit the ground, she'd make a beeline for for them.  I'd walk into my bathroom seconds later, and the floor would be littered with bottles and jars, some with their lids nearly off.  I can't tell you how many times I've stubbed my toe on something that they've dragged out.  

I came home from a birthday party round robin with Sunshine a while ago and again tripped over something left on my bathroom floor.  I said something remarkably similar to what a sailor might have said, and bent down to put it back in the cabinet.  I couldn't pull them open.  My amazing husband had childlocked my bathroom cabinets.  And then left something out so I would be sure to trip over it, let loose some colorful vocabulary, and put it away.  But that's ok, he did it without my even asking him to.   And he's helped to ensure that our children's vocabulary is way less colorful!

No comments: