Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What's in a Name and Other Goings On

The Husband is very unhappy with being called "The Husband."  Totally understood.  I wouldn't want to be The Wife.  Although people have called me that, usually when asking The Husband if he's allowed to go out for the night.  Like he needs my permission.  I guess I'm just glad they didn't call me the old ball and chain.  In any case, I'm looking for suggestions.  Anyone?  Something tells me calling him "The Man Formerly Known as The Husband" just wouldn't sound right.  

Today, as we were playing on the playground after dismissal from school, Ladybug decided that whatever Sunshine was doing was the best thing in the world to do.  She followed her all the way up onto the big slide platform.  She really wanted to drive with the little wheel, but Sunshine had a different idea.  I was chatting with another mom, when I see Sunshine pick Ladybug up and seat her at the top of the slide.  She shouted "Mom, Catch" and proceeded to give Ladybug a huge push.  Thankfully I'm a quick sprinter.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Granpa recommends:
a."He, who must be obeyed"
b."Mr. Meal Ticket"
c."My Loving Husband"
d. "None of the above?