Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Monday, October 6, 2008

Charades, anyone?

Ladybug is in such a fascinating stage of development.  Or at least I think so.  She is very non verbal, but she is finding ways of using her body to communicate.  Suggest that we go upstairs to change her diaper, and she will get so excited that her whole body shakes itself yes.  Not just her head, but her whole body.  It's absolutely wild to watch.  Ask to share her raisins, and her head drops down to the floor, her bottom lip pouts out, and she'll clutch her raisins so tightly that the phrase "Over my cold, dead body" comes to mind.  She'll flap her arms wildly when she sees a bird, or airplane for that matter.  She pants when she sees a dog.  She even puts her hand to her ear when she hears me tell Sunshine that it's time to help find my cell phone.  I'm beginning to think the rest of us should sign up for sign language lessons.  

Sunshine never really went through this stage, so it's all new to me.  It's kind of fun, playing charades with my kid.  I know I'm right when her entire body starts bobbing up and down wildly.  It's the very definition of "YES."  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and Nancy really miss Sunshine, Ladybug, Macy, Jake, Emmitt and of course Mom and Dad!
Love,
Grandpa!