Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Preparations

So I'm getting ready to go away this weekend.  Without my husband.  Without my children.  I am amazed at the sheer amount of things I need to do in order for the weekend to proceed smoothly for my husband.  If he had it his way all outfits would be laid out in the order in which they should be worn, down to the shoes and hair bows.  Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners would be cooked and neatly portioned into labeled tupperware containers.  Frankly, I'm not nearly so organized.  I feel like I'll be lucky just to get the girls' clothes washed.  (So Sunshine has a clean soccer uniform on Saturday morning, of course.)   

Seriously though, I think they're going to have a blast.  The chryalids are nearly ready to hatch. The weather is beautiful.  There are passes to the zoo.  The only thing that would make the weekend better is a refrigerator full of junk food.  I'll work on that on Friday.  

I'm going to miss them so much.   

No comments: