Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cha-Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

Ladybug is changing so fast.  It seems like just yesterday she was nursing, sleeping all the time, so content to cuddle in the sling with me all day.  Now?  Now she is her own person.  And she is not shy about telling you exactly what she wants.  Or doesn't want.  Or REALLY, REALLY DOESN'T WANT.  

So now she really, really loves sleeping in our version of a big girl bed.  I do find it totally fascinating that she has no interest in getting out of the bed.  Just getting into it.  I'm sure that will change though.  Perhaps just the option to get out of bed is enough at the moment.  Of course, I do think that she spends a good portion of the night sleeping on the floor.  



There's also been an explosion in both her desire to use the potty and her language.  So now she can tell us that she has to go.  Or that she already went.  Or that she likes going.  Or that SHE DOES NOT WANT HER DIAPER CHANGED.  Unless she gets to wipe her bottom by herself.  Then she REALLY, REALLY wants to change her diaper, like five minutes ago already.  

She also lets me know on an almost hourly basis her total and absolute preference for chocolate milk.  Anything else is totally and completely unacceptable.  That really presents quite a problem, as chocolate milk just isn't served that often here.  

And for all of you that can't stand her hair in her face... she is now also ready for pigtails.  I know, it's adorable.  However, she likes me doing her hair about as much as her big sister.  
No hurt me Mommy, she cries.  And I know it doesn't hurt.  Her hair is still so baby soft, and doesn't really get tangles.  She's just parroting her sister.  Just one more thing to make our mornings slightly more complicated.  


It's amazing to watch her grow though.  I just don't remember it happening so fast with Sunshine.  I feel like she'll be asking me for the keys to the car tomorrow.  

No comments: