Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Updates

The dinner party last night was a great success.  Amazing considering one of Todd's bosses decided that day that no one needed to take off for Thanksgiving.  Nothing says thankful like telling your employees that you don't care what their plans might be for the holidays.  The food was good, the conversation was plentiful, and no one cried.  A high standard of success for your average kid's birthday party or a dinner party with colleagues who don't socialize together.  

We were lucky enough to not get hit by the stomach flu that roared through Sunshine's classroom.  She was one of three kids who didn't get sick.  I can't tell you how thankful I am that we dodged that bullet.  Wow, I'd better find some wood, and fast.  That was practically an invitation for the Gods to smite me with an extra long incubation period.  

All in all, things are going well.  Sunshine is doing moveable alphabet work and wants to skate all the time.  Thanks, Aunt Ashley.  Ladybug has started trying to console her big sister when she's having one of her drama queen moments.  It's so sweet to watch her rub Sunshine's back when she's laying prostrate on the floor, crying.  Todd is still super busy at work... but because I am the BEST WIFE EVER, he is now at the Ga Tech-Miami game.   I even get bonus points because it was a very last minute invitation.  I am also doing well, especially after learning what wonderful things happen when you combine figs, olives, goat cheese and walnuts.  It's a sublime experience.  

Seriously though, now that this dinner party is over I get to start concentrating on Thanksgiving.  It literally takes days to plan for trips with my kids that last longer than just a few hours.  Packing when there is a flight involved is all the more complicated.  Why is it that it takes everything but the kitchen sink to care for my children in a place other than our home? Ladybug still requires a pack n' play to sleep.  That will be fun to take on a plane.  Add the car seats to that and we're just about at our luggage limit, without any clothing.  Thank goodness for gate check.  Do you think they would let me just gate check my kids?  Just kidding, kind of. Well, just a couple of days to go.  Let the packing commence!

No comments: