Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Friday, September 5, 2008

We're Speaking, Just Not The Same Language


I have been having the best time with Ladybug in the mornings.  I think she's really enjoying her alone time with Mommy.  She's been trying to communicate a lot with me.  I just not always getting it.  Around Sunshine, Ladybug just goes with the flow.  She's such an amazing easy kid, that I don't have many cues for her.  We've never really needed them.

Well, today Ladybug was speaking loud and clear.  I just didn't read the signals.  We were shopping, and she kept trying to stick her hand in her diaper.  Now she doesn't normally do this in public.  First cue.  And she was whining.  Again, not a whiny kid.  I just thought she was a little hungry.  Second cue.  Turns out she was soaked.  Completely.  She tried so hard to tell me.  There she was, practically screaming that she was wet and uncomfortable.  Luckily we have every weekday morning to learn eachother's language.  I think it's going to be a great time.   

No comments: