Navigating the sticky, jam-covered road of life.  

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm so proud...

You know... I never thought this would happen.  Deep down, I knew it would.  I just never thought it would happen so soon.  

Sunshine did something last night that absolutely astounded her Daddy and me.  She woke up on her own, got out of her bed in the pitch dark, opened the door to her bedroom, walked to the bathroom, and peed.  In the toilet.  It was fantastic.  Neither Daddy or I were sleeping well last night.  And we both woke up when we heard her feet hit the floor and her bedroom door open.  Daddy was already up (God Bless Him!), ready to send her back to bed.  She has always slept in her own bed, but over the last few months she has attempted to gain entry to our bed in the middle of the night.  Half asleep, but expecting an argument about wanting to sleep with Mommy and Daddy, I hear, "Daddy, I'm going potty."  In her most scathing, know-it-all voice.  It was potty, quick kiss and hug, and back to bed.

I'M SO PROUD.  She's been in panties at night all summer.  She's done so well.  Very few accidents.  Daddy and I take her to the bathroom right before we go to bed.  She almost always wakes up dry.  But she has never taken the initiative, in the pitch dark, in the middle of the night, to wake herself up and go potty.  What can I say?  My little girl is getting so big!

No comments: